We are running a full programme as we know we need Tai Chi more than ever. All classes are virtual from 5th November 2020.
Our virtual classes use Zoom. Please download the “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” app from the App Store or Google Play, or zoom.us/download for laptops.
Start the app, and use the meeting number:
918 735 2527
(contact us if you need the password)
Read more on setting up and participating in Zoom meetings here.
This table of classes will be updated as soon as we hear of changes.
|Monday||Tai Chi for Health|
|Unwind with Itricia||8pm||9pm||VIRTUAL|
|Tuesday||Women's Tai Chi Breeze||6pm||7pm||VIRTUAL|
|Wednesday||Women's Tai Chi||10am||11am||VIRTUAL|
|Tai Chi for Beginners||5.30pm||6.30pm||VIRTUAL|
|Thursday||Tai Chi in Higham Hill||5.30pm||6.30pm||VIRTUAL|
|Tai Chi for Health|
Moved to Saturday 28th November
this week only
|Friday||Women's Tai Chi Corner||10am||11.30am||VIRTUAL|
|Yin Yoga &|
with Sarah (donation)
(non Dao Lu)
|Saturday||Joe's Fitness||11am||12 noon||VIRTUAL|
|Sunday||Senior Tai Chi Corner||9.30am||11am||VIRTUAL|
|Beginners' Tai Chi Corner||11.30am||12.30pm||VIRTUAL|
|Saturday||12.30pm||28th November||Silk reeling video + a couple of book reviews|
|Saturday||12.30pm||12th December||Tai Chi theory|
|Friday||11.45am||18th December||Book club - show your favourite
or what you're reading now.
Plus best memories for 2020.
Please everyone bring something
for end of year chat.
|no specials at present|
Monthly Tai Chi Forms Workshops
|Saturday||9.00am||5th December||Lloyd Park|
Donations are entirely optional and anonymous – feel free to join in if you can’t afford to donate easily. Please donate using online banking (see Join Dao Lu) with references as below:
- Joe’s Fitness: suggested donation £5 per week (either or both classes) with reference JOES FITNESS so we can pass donations onto him.
- Yoga with Sarah: direct donation (not to Dao Lu), details to be circulated
- Salsa with Carlton: direct donation (not to Dao Lu), details to be circulated
Virtual class requirements
- You must be well enough to take part in your home
- Participation is at your own risk
- You must have a quiet area suitable for Tai Chi training – enough space around, suitable (non-slip) flooring and a solid chair for balance if required
- Please be aware that classes may be recorded
Physical class requirements for Covid-19
Our physical classes are in line with government guidance. Organised sport and exercise is exempt from the “rule of 6”. Please see our page on Current Goverment Guidance.
- Social distancing (2m) at all times
- Carry your own hand-sanitiser – clean hands on arrival and departure
- Use your own equipment such as fan (do not share)
- Let the instructor know your access needs and/or health issues (particularly new students and/or regular students who had a change in circumstances)
- If unwell, do not attend physical classes
- If feeling unwell during a class, please let the instructor know and leave for home immediately to rest / self-isolate
- Bring water, sun hat and cream if hot, and stay in shady spot
- Train within the allocated area
- A register of attendee’s names will be taken at each session. Dao Lu has other contact information
- If wet, classes will be virtual