|Date||16th May 2020|
|Time||12:15 – 13:40|
|Aileen Hamdan||chair, instructor||AH|
|Joe McPhoy (JM), Jin Jie (JJ), Wendy Saville (WS)|
Minutes of previous meeting
The minutes of the previous meeting, held on 12th January 2020, were accepted and agreed.
Matters arising from minutes
There were no matters arising that were not on the agenda for this meeting.
Current Virtual Programme and gradual move to “normal” life
Our last physical session was on 18th March. All classes since then have been virtual, using the Zoom platform. Aileen opened up the meeting for comments from all:
- Overall, have adapted wonderfully, “a holistic package”
- Need more theory
- Need extra class for practicing forms, for those who have already learnt them, to keep them in memory
- Would be good to have another class by JM, to keep cardio-vascular exercise 3 times a week
- Considering Pilates and yoga classes – people want to try other things
- Keep Zoom when we move outdoors, for those who cannot join in on location (i.e. outside broadcast)
- Keep Zoom virtual classes on
- Consult with students, as we always do, in our gradual process when we go back to “normal” life
- Meditation – focus for longer, deeper, rather than covering many things in one session. “Less is more.”
- Maintain/increase Qi Gong in the current programme when we go back to “normal” life
- We recognised that not everyone likes online training and some had IT problems, e.g. no access to Internet
EW (treasurer) reported on our financial situation.
We have changed accountants to Julz Bache (JB Accountancy), a local service.
Accounts have been completed for the previous year (to 31st October 2019 inclusive). We made a profit of £1,714. The previous year we made a trading loss of £1,680 giving taxable profits of £34. The corporation tax to pay is £6.46
Dao Lu CIC accounts can be considered to be healthy and we are very happy with the service provided by our new accountant.
CB described development of the register app. As well as registering attendance, it will allow instructors access to emergency and health information. It will also provide metrics (age, gender, ethnicity, disability) required for funding applications and for us to ensure inclusion.
Insurance – AH reported we are struggling to get some instructors to renew their insurance, AH to follow up.
DBS – CB reported reported some volunteers and instructors had let their update service lapse, resulting in them having no valid DBS. CB to follow up.
Walthamstow Garden Party was cancelled in March. An online alternative has been announced. We will give an update when we know how we will be involved.
SS gave a talk on the annual awards event.
There was no other business.
The next meeting will be held on Sunday, 16th August 2020, 12:45 – 14:00. Location or virtual to be decided.
Chair of next meeting: SS
Minutes to be taken by: CB
AH to contact those who need insurance
CB to contact those who need DBS
CB to continue creating student register application
End of meeting
The meeting closed at 13:40