Saturdays 12th November to 17th December 2022, 8:00 – 9:15AM
Experience the classical yoga practice based on scriptural principles and deeply rooted in tradition with an Indian master, Harshvardhan. This project of Pranayama for Beginners will help us develop a deeper awareness of our mind, body and breath.
Pranayama means the practice of breath regulation. It’s a main component of yoga, an exercise for physical and mental wellness. In Sanskrit, “prana” means life energy (Qi in our Tai Chi term!) and “yama” means control. The practice of pranayama involves breathing exercises and patterns.
This is our third project under a FREE fitness/wellbeing yearly programme, funded by L&Q, for local residents and the surrounding communities living at Walthamstow Stadium and within one mile.
- Suitable for beginners
- As all our other fitness classes, this can be done in a chair
- Virtual classes, using Zoom (how to use Zoom). We will send you Zoom log in details nearer the date.
- 6 sessions, each 75 minutes – 50 minutes practice, 20 minutes theory on Yogic philosophy and diet, and 5 minutes Q/A
- FREE for residents living at Walthamstow Stadium and within one mile
- To book a FREE place, please fill in a small registration form below.
- Recording available if you cannot make the live virtual class so you catch up later and/or practise more.
- You must be well enough to take part in your home
- Participation is at your own risk
- You must have a quiet area suitable for yoga training – enough space around you, yoga mat, some cushions, suitable (non-slip) flooring and a solid chair for sitting or balance if required
- Please be aware that classes will be recorded
We would like to say a huge thank you to our funder, L&Q. This project was made possible through L&Q Walthamstow Stadium Community Sports Trust (WCST).
Read more info about Tai Chi
Interested in some medical research evidence, organised around specific health issues? You may want to have a read at: www.worldtaichiday.org/WTCQDHlthBenft.html.