Ba Duan Jin can be translated as the 8 Silk Brocades or the 8 Treasures Qigong. It is a short and easy to remember routine. The course will be taught according to Shaolin Temple China principles and style.
It consists of 8 postures with variations in breathing, tensioning and concentration. Ba Duan Jin is a health oriented practice to increase joint mobility, structural stability, mind focusing and is aiming in the development of body connectivity for harmonious and gentle Qi nourishment.
Ba Duan Jin belongs to the classic repertoire of Qigong exercises within the Shaolin Temple and is suitable for beginners as well as for more advanced practitioners with more intensity of practice. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry published last year (4 May 2020) medical research into the effectiveness of Qigong exercises for Covid-19 prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. Ba Duan Jin is one of the Qigong forms that researchers identified as having beneficial effects on Covid-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
- Pressing up to the Heavens with Two Hands aka Two Hands Hold Up the Heavens
- Drawing the Bow and Letting the Arrow Fly aka Drawing the Bow to Shoot the Eagle
- Separating Heaven and Earth
- Wise Owl Gazes Backwards
- Big Bear Turns from Side to Side aka Sway the Head and Shake the Tail
- Clenching Fists with an angry Gaze aka Punching with an Angry Gaze
- Touching the Toes then Bending Backwards
- Stretching the Body aka Shaking the Body aka Bouncing on Toes