George Mason Lodge
As part of the Big Lottery Funded Ultimate Wellbeing programme, we are delivering a ten-week Tai Chi project for older people at George Mason Lodge this autumn.
- Wednesdays, 10.45 – 11.45 am
- 1st October – 3rd December 2014
- FREE 10 sessions for older people, family carers and staff who use and support George Mason Lodge services
- At George Mason Lodge, Chelmsford Rd, London E11 1BS
Please note this project is for residents of the George Mason Lodge only.
At the end of the project, on Sunday 7 December 2014, at 3.30 – 4 pm, we staged a Tai Chi mini performance for the residents, their friends and families and staff as part of their Christmas celebration!
Rainbow Balls at George Mason Lodge
AWJC Group Photo (only those happy to be photographed are shown)
Following a very successful programme of Tai Chi for Asian and Muslim Women in Lloyd Park, we are setting up a pilot community project of Women’s Tai Chi Corner in Lloyd Park starting on 1 November!
- Saturdays 3-4 pm
- 1st November – 13 December 2014
- At Community Room, Aveling Centre, Lloyd Park, Forest Road, E17 (see maps)
- £3 per session for Dao Lu students*
- To book, please see Aileen or use the contact form
* The Dao Lu student fee of £25 per year offers numerous benefits including half price classes for all Dao Lu classes (e.g. £3 for Women’s Tai Chi Corner) and eligibility for grading. The cost for those who have not paid the annual student fee is £6 per session.
We have a poster for Women’s Tai Chi Corner (PDF) if you would like to print out or help display or forward to your friends.
Sidmouth summer party Tai Chi
Following two successful rounds of Tai Chi training programmes for people with learning disabilities since January 2014, Dao Lu has been commissioned to deliver a new round of Tai Chi training for people with learning disabilities and their support workers until March 2015.
This Tai Chi project for people with learning disabilities and support workers was nominated
under Inclusive Sports category (physical activities for disabled people) at the Waltham
Forest Sports Award 2014!
- Wednesdays 10.30 – 11.45 am, 1st October – 17th December 2014 (12 sessions)
- Wednesdays 10.30 – 11.45am, 7th January – 26th March 2015 (12 Sessions)
- At Sidmouth House, 25 Sidmouth Road, Leyton E10 5QZ
View Larger Map
We also had some older people from Morley Centre to join in the Tai Chi training at Sidmouth House, following a Mayor of London Free Sport Tai Chi programme at Morley Centre over the summer 2014. You can read about the Morley Centre Tai Chi project here. It’s great to see partner organisations sharing resources and providing more Tai Chi training for people using the services!
We also have a video of Dao Lu in a team competition performing Tai Chi Chen First Form (subasu)
at the festival.